You guys. I’m so excited about this recipe. It is SO easy, inexpensive, and really delicious! You can even make it as healthy as you want by subbing the beef for ground turkey or chicken. And you can also choose healthy toppings if that floats your boat, 2% cheese, low-fat sour cream, etc. You can serve this meat on a taco salad, in burritos, or on good old hard taco shells. I went old school with hard taco shells. I used 90/10 lean ground sirloin and low-fat sour cream. I splurged with extra sharp cheddar cheese.
- 1 lb. lean ground beef
- 1 packet of taco seasoning
- 2/3 cup of water
- 1 jar of salsa (I used a 16 oz. jar of Chi-Chi’s Medium Salsa)
- Tabasco, to taste
- Brown the ground beef in a frying pan
- Add 2/3 cup of water and taco seasoning packet. Mix well.
- Taste the beef to see if you want it spicier, then add Tabasco (just add a drop at a time, a little goes a long way!).
- Let simmer for about 5 minutes
- Put the beef in the Crock Pot
- Add the jar of salsa and mix well
- Cook on low for 4-6 hours
- Chow down