Spaghetti Sunday was last night, and I blew my Husb’s mind with this dish. It’s heaven in your mouth.
Baked Penne with Italian Sausage & Peppers
- 1 package of penne pasta (I like Barilla Plus)
- 2 teaspoons olive oil
- 1 tablespoon minced garlic
- 1 pound Italian sausage
- 1 yellow onion, diced
- 1 red pepper, diced
- ½ cup white wine
- 1 jar of Ragu sauce
- 1 (14.5 oz.) can diced tomatoes with garlic
- 1 (6 oz.) can tomato paste
- 2 cups shredded mozzarella cheese
- Oregano, to taste
- Salt, to taste
- Pepper, to taste
- Preheat oven to 350. Cook pasta according to package directions.
- Heat olive oil in a large, deep skillet. Add the garlic, onion, and red peppers. Cook for a few minutes until the peppers become tender. Add the sausage and cook over medium high heat until the meat is evenly brown. Drain fat.
- Pour in white wine and cook for a few minutes, stirring to deglaze the pan.
- Stir in Ragu, diced tomatoes and tomato paste. Combine everything and add oregano, salt and pepper to taste. Let it simmer for 10 minutes, stirring occasionally.
- Toss the sauce with the cooked pasta (use the pot that you cooked the pasta in).
- Spread the pasta and sauce mixture into a 9×13 baking dish. Sprinkle the grated mozzarella on top.
- Cover with aluminum foil and bake for 20 minutes.
- Serve it and be prepared to blow some minds.