I threw this recipe together to bring to a weekend barbecue, and it was very well received! It could not be easier to make…you probably have most of the ingredients on hand already! It has a very fresh taste and is a nice alternative to traditional BBQ side dishes.
Corn, Tomato & Feta Salad
- 4 teaspoons of olive oil
- 1 teaspoon of red wine vinegar
- 2 limes, juiced
- 4 (15.2 oz.) cans of yellow corn
- 2 containers of cherry or grape tomatoes, halved
- ½ cup red onion, finely chopped
- 2 tablespoons dried basil
- 2 (4 oz.) packages of crumbled feta cheese
- Garlic Salt, to taste
- Freshly ground pepper, to taste
- Tabasco, to taste (be careful!)
- Pour the corn, cherry tomatoes, onion, and feta cheese into a large bowl and stir it up
- Add the olive oil, red wine vinegar, juice of 2 limes, and dried basil. Stir it all together.
- Slowly add the garlic salt, pepper, and Tabasco to taste.
- Once you get the flavor you want, mix it all up again, cover with foil and refrigerate overnight
Serves a LOT of people.